Anyone wishing to participate in the Ride to the Somme cycling event must agree to the following conditions of entry.
By entering Ride to the Somme I understand:-
1) that if I am in doubt about my health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, I should obtain my doctor’s approval before participating.
2) acknowledge that I participate in this event at my own risk and that SSAFA, or its appointed agents, cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of my participation;
3) undertake to be bound by the instructions as stipulated during The Ride and to observe the Highway Code;
4) agree to my picture being taken for publicity purposes.
5) to wear a cycle helmet at all times whilst riding.
6) You must be at least 18 years of age before 1 August 2018 unless special permission is granted by White Rock Events.
7) You must be covered by full travel insurance for health, accident, loss and repatriation during the event. You will need to provide proof of travel insurance at least eight weeks before departure or you may forfeit your place on the challenge.
8) Itineraries schedules and accommodation may change and other alterations may occur which are beyond the control of White Rock Events.
9) I understand I am responsible for the following:-
1. Transport to and from the Recruitment Centre
2. Providing your own bike
3. Personal kit
4. Evening Meals except the Saturday night celebration dinner
5. Personal Expenses
6. Parts for cycle repairs. We ask each rider to bring 4 inner tubes.
The good reputation of the charity is paramount. You must agree to act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines laid out by the organisers of the event.
Please read through the below terms of fundraising for SSAFA.
- I understand my place in Ride to the Somme is not confirmed until I have paid a commitment fee of £125 (non refundable).
- I pledge to raise an additional minimum of £1,600 in funds for SSAFA with the support of the materials, tips and help provided by the SSAFA events team.
- I understand the funds I raise must be received in full by SSAFA central office and used for centrally funded projects and services.
- I understand the importance of achieving my fundraising target to ensure SSAFA raises funds beyond covering the cost of the place.
- I agree to raise and submit to SSAFA at least £800 of my fundraising target before 1st August 2018. I will forward the remaining £800 by 13th October 2018.
- Giftaid is a bonus and not a guaranteed income from the government. Therefore, I understand I should not rely on the Gift Aid contribution to meet my target at any time.*
- I will try to maximise my fundraising efforts by enquiring with my employer about ‘Matched Giving’. **
- I agree to proudly wear my Ride to the Somme Cycling Shirt to raise awareness for the charity as I take part.
- I promise to notify SSAFA immediately in writing if I learn I will be unable to partake in the event for whatever reason.
- I agree that any photographs taken may be used online and in print to promote future SSAFA events.
- I understand that SSAFA maintain the right to withdraw my place at any time before 1st August 2018 should I choose not to adhere to any of the above conditions.
*Giftaid is a bonus scheme to allow charities to ‘apply’ for a contribution from the government towards your fundraising efforts. However, this is not an immediate or guaranteed income. Please help us to continue our efforts to raise funds through this scheme by asking your supporters to complete their details where eligible for gift aid. SSAFA makes an application for gift aid bi-annually and if accepted, we will receive an additional 25p for every £1 you raise which will then be added to your fundraising records on the SSAFA database.
**Matched Giving is a scheme whereby your employer may match whatever sum you raise for SSAFA (some companies may cap their contribution i.e. they will match your raised funds up to £500). Many organisations have adopted the scheme within their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments so the money will be ready and waiting to be donated as soon as you ask.
Ride to the Somme is managed by White Rock Events Ltd Company Registration No. 09754253.
If you have any questions relating to our conditions of entry, please contact us.